Old 27-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Robert

Default bougainvillea

In message ,
billtheburglar writes
I have six bougainvillea cuttings in a 6" pot - three different
colours, species / variety unknown. To my consternation they have all
rooted. I am told that they have very delicate roots and transplanting
is a high risk business. I'd be entirely happy to leave them all
together and treat them as one plant. Is this feasible? If not do I
transplant asap or give them time to build up stronger root systems?

The roots are delicate at this stage - like fine hairs. I suggest that
you keep them in the existing pot for a few weeks after they have struck
and then carefully pot them on into a mix of JI No.3 and coarse sand. I
would be a bit wary of leaving them in the same pot - you could well
have pink, red and orange! Six out of six is an amazing achievement - I
used to get around 50/60% (using individual plug pots).
--
Robert