Old 25-10-2002, 08:02 PM
John Lienhart

Default Not So Good

Larry Caldwell wrote:

In article ,
writes:

My hubby worked in a mill in down in Riddle for nearly 15 years. They did
nothing but special cuts. That included metric cuts. Shipped many loads over
seas. That wasn't their reason for problems. Your more extreme
environmentalists (like Andy Kerr) made the diameter of harvestable timber
resemble the size of a toothpick (used to call them poles). Can't go in and
salvage good timbers in burned areas anymore either.

Don't blame Andy Kerr for the toothpicks. The USFS and BLM didn't start
replanting their land after logging until the mid 70s.

Then what the hell was I doing in the late sixties and early seventies working on
USFS replanting? Bad dream?