Old 27-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default first leaves of plants-- thought of as evol.vestiges or

moments ago I wrote:

P.S. in my earlier post I was asking whether some method exists that tells
us how much photosynthesis is going on per square area of a cotyledon leaf
compared to a mature leaf. In light of the new understanding above that a
cotyledon is a different "organ" so to speak, perhaps we can use cotyledons
as a gauge.

By gauge I mean that if there exists a math relationship of size by mass to
existence of a cotyledon then also the size of the cotyledon should also be
correlated to size of seed. A strawberry seed is so tiny compared to a pear
seed that the cotyledon of a strawberry should be *relatively* larger than the
pear cotyledon per size.

And so the mass of seed and the size of cotyledon (per mass also) may indicate
how much photosynthesis is taking place between a mature leaf compared to
a cotyledon leaf.

When it all comes down to the essential parts, it is photons of light and
area of photosynthesis and of course mass of the plant structure.

(1) photons
(2) unit of area
(3) mass of plant structure

Has any scientist worked out those 3 parameters on cotyledon?

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies