Old 27-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Darryl Okahata

Default Why plant tomatoes 6-8 weeks in advance?

Steve Calvin writes:

Yup. I can't grow from seeds anymore. Our cat eats 'em for "roughage"
I think. ;-) I always do transplants now and have good tomatos right
outside.

Another possibility is to grow some wheat -- many cats like the
tender wheat seedlings (around here, it's sold as "kitty grass" --
around $2.50 for a 3"-3.5" pot). Hopefully, they'll prefer the wheat
over the tomatoes.

[ However, I wouldn't let the wheat get above 6" or so. Cats seem to
go for the tender seedlings (3"-5"), but I don't know about anything
taller. ]

--
Darryl Okahata