Old 27-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Martin C. Jensen

Default Gala Apple Tree in Northwest Yard (Wash state)

I have used Raintree, Stark brothers (http://store.starkbros.com/), Gurneys
(http://gurneys.com/) and Miller Nurseries (http://www.millernurseries.com/) to
order trees. A quick check and Gurneys (zone 4-8) carry the Gala and Starks
carry a 'Stark GrandGala and Royal Gala'. Most apples that I know of need a
pollinator. But a pollinator doesn't have to be in your yard it could be a
neighboring tree. You will need to look at a pollination chart for the Gala.

As far as ordering, I have ordered fruit trees and rootstock from Raintree,
Stark, Gurneys, and Jungs. I have peaches, apples, pears, cherry and nectarine
trees. All of these nurseries carry good products IMO. One of my best trees, a
Elberta peach came from K-mart. Ya never know.

Marty (zone 5)

paul wrote:

I would like to plant an apple tree in my back yard. I like the taste
of the Gala apple. I was thinking about getting a standard (not
dwarf) sized tree. Do I need another tree to pollinate this tree?
Has anybody had any luck buying trees online?

Thanks,
Paul