Old 27-05-2003, 08:20 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

Pat Meadows wrote:

There are books that show this. I have one. It's called
'Park's Success with Seeds', author: Ann Reilly.

I'll check on that!

However, this is one reason why I ALWAYS prefer to start my
seeds indoors, in 6-cell packs or the like. Even carrots.

As a beginner I've been trying to stick to instructions for lack of
better ideas. Although I've screwed that up too..seeded viola's
outside and they never showed up. I guess as long as I know the ground
is ready I could start them inside next year. But I'd put them out
quickly when they were tiny. I mentioned in another thread that my
2week old corn seeds were 2 inches topgrowth and had 6-8" roots going
straight down. I'd be worried about hurting first growth like that
starting everything inside small cels.

Beans are about the only thing I start directly in the
ground nowadays. They sprout reliably and quickly, and I
know what they look like, so I can plant them directly
outside.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)