Old 27-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

On Tue, 27 May 2003 15:18:00 -0400, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

As a beginner I've been trying to stick to instructions for lack of
better ideas. Although I've screwed that up too..seeded viola's
outside and they never showed up. I guess as long as I know the ground
is ready I could start them inside next year. But I'd put them out
quickly when they were tiny. I mentioned in another thread that my
2week old corn seeds were 2 inches topgrowth and had 6-8" roots going
straight down. I'd be worried about hurting first growth like that
starting everything inside small cels.

Unfortunately, we haven't room for corn - I've never grown
corn, so I don't know how I would grow it.

However, I just finished reading a library book entitled
'The New Victory Garden' by Bob Thomson (one of the former
'hosts' on the PBS TV show), and he recommended starting
corn inside.

I also know some people on a mailing list who start corn
indoors - so it can certainly be done. I don't know the
details.

Pat