Old 29-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Larry Harrell

Default Logging (again)

"Jerry" wrote in message om...

Oh brother, get off your soapbox. I think you're standing on the side of
Bush, not the forest. And as far as being on a job that brings you
fantastic satisfaction, I think you are defending it a "little too much" on
these newsgroups. Trying to convince others to ease your conscience or just
working for Bush??? Quiet satisfaction would be the real, personal
satisfaction for me.

Jerry

This IS the appropriate place for soapboxes. From my point of view, I
AM in the middle of the road on forestry issues. I am also here to
offer another side of the issue that is missing in most newsgroups
(which many of you post to off-topic) that are being flooded with
anti-establishment, anti-forestry and slanted newsclips.

Being a Federal employee, I am working for Bush but, he can't control
everything I am. Yes, I sometimes have to do some things I don't agree
with but, I do have lots of leeway in applying rules, laws and
policies to fit the on-the-ground conditions. Yes, I am in charge
(sometimes, when I yield a paintgun G ) of shaping very small
portions of OUR National Forests. Yes, I am less heavy-handed than my
co-workers when I mark timber. Yes, I do affect how less experienced
employees mark timber. Unfortunately, for America, I haven't marked
many trees this year, as I am much more conservative and experienced
at leaving good trees instead of marking them.

No, I am not going away

Larry