Old 28-05-2003, 01:32 AM
swetelife

Default Gala Apple Tree in Northwest Yard (Wash state)

I've tried ordering trees from Gurneys and had a dismal experience, so
I wouldn't try them. The folks at Gurneys 800 number are not really
gardener/gardening saavy, oddly and can't typically give advice.
However, along w/ Raintree you might try the Master Gardener program
at Washington State University:
http://gardening.wsu.edu/
They are a group of master gardeners who welcome questions from those
of us who are amateurs.

(paul) wrote in message . com...
I would like to plant an apple tree in my back yard. I like the taste
of the Gala apple. I was thinking about getting a standard (not
dwarf) sized tree. Do I need another tree to pollinate this tree?
Has anybody had any luck buying trees online?

Thanks,
Paul