Old 28-05-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond?

For your size pond, I would get a small child's swimming pool from the
superstore and pump my pond water into it and transfer the fish, then when I
finished the cleaning put everything back. The water will be the same
temperature, pH, and cleanliness that they are used to, rather than nice
clean tap water that doesn't match.
--
RichToyBox

"MC" wrote in message
om...
I did my spring cleaning and drained my pond to get all the fall
leaves out in April. Now, my neighbors tree has flooded my pond with
"helicopters" and buds. I scoop out what I can, but draining is the
only way I am going to get most of it out. Is it better to drain and
clean or leave it and not cause stress on the Koi? My pond is only
500 gallons, so it is not a big deal to drain it. The fish definitely
don't like it though.