Old 29-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default Not So Good

In article ,
writes:

Well, I just guess ole Colorado does things differently than you
parts:

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/sta...509465,00.html

Habitat loss blamed for birds' decline
Audubon Society assessment lists 39 species frequently found in state

By Gary Gerhardt, Rocky Mountain News
October 29, 2002

As farmland gives way to housing, and timber is cleared to make roads,
39 bird species are losing their native habitats in Colorado.

We were discussing forest land, not urban sprawl. Of course cities
sterilize the ground they are built on. A nuclear explosion would be
easier on the wildlife of an area than a housing development. The
natural environment recovered on Bikini Atoll after the H-bomb tests, and
it only took about 20 years. If you build a city on it, you are looking
at environmental destruction that will persist for centuries.

Unfortunately, urban development is exempt from most environmental
regulation.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc