Old 30-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Paul Schnettler

Default Logging (again)

Jerry wrote:

Geeez, just look at history and science. Millions of years have gone by and
the forests are still here. There have been dry years in the past too.
Only thing is that man has suppressed the fires and now we need and see
burns----the forest correcting things. Why is that hard to understand??

Jerry,
Why can't you see that the existing aquifers can't support the forests
you envision. You fail to include the human factor in any of your
dreams. We're here in numbers that just didn't exist back in the days
you dream of. There's hardly enough water to support the trout streams
in the northwest yet you call for huge tracts of forest land with old
growth trees everywhere and a more natural forest canopy. It's not going
to happen with the water usage that's depleting the aquifers faster than
ever. This aint the utopia you envision. Why is that so hard to
understand?

Paul Schnettler