Old 28-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Bob

Default Seeding backyard with grass seed

"The Filers" wrote in message

The next day I spread grass seed on the ground which was very wet
because of rain the previous night. Then each morning I have watered the
area well. Some people tell me that I need to cover the grass seed with
topsoil otherwise they say the seeds won't grow...other people tell me

that
this is the wrong approach and that the best thing to is to keep the seeds
exposed, but well watered each morning...

Watering the seed very lightly a few time a day will work better. You don't
want it to dry out, or just sprouted seed may dry and die. The seed is all
on the surface, so deep watering won't help much.

Bob