Old 28-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Leyf

Default Toronto to ban pesticides

wrote in message
Will they use pesticides to tame the SARS outbreak in your city?? Cuz I'm
not going there until they get rid of it.

They'll just advertise that everything's under control in American
newspapers with SARS as the front page story! Great waste of money. But
then, this is the same city council that continually tries to stop cars from
driving into the city without planning sensible alternatives. (Take out 2
lanes of a 4 lane thoroughfare with the associated parking & replace them
with bike lanes that no one uses 'cause we have winter here)

Totally unenforceable bylaw anyway, because municipal governments don't have
the right to restrict sale of products that come under provincial & federal
regulation. If you can buy them, they'll get used.

If I was still living in Toronto, and someone complained to bylaw
enforcement about my lawn chemicals, they'd have a nasty accident with
roundup on their front lawn in the middle of the night!