Old 02-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default redwoods

POSTED IN alt.forestry

I came across the May 2002 issue of Discover magazine with an article on
coastal redwoods. It hinted that some people don't clear-cut redwoods, but
didn't really develop the idea of uneven aged mgt. as an alternative to
clearcutting. The article seemed to be written more to appeal to a logger
than a silviculturist- the sort of article often seen in Northern Logger
magazine. I think Discover magazine could have done better with this- but of
course this is the problem with media that offer quick views of complex
subjects, given the fact that Americans have short attention spans.

--
Joe Zorzin