Old 28-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Mark

Default Goldfish disappeared from pond....

"Paul" wrote in message
The wife bought a small goldfish at the weekend and put it into our
pond, well, to say pond its more like a large water feature really which
we have to attract wildlife.

I know we have newts in the garden and we have plenty of birds too, is
it likely that blackbirds or newts would eat a small goldfish. Cats
very rarely venture into our garden as its a rather enclosed garden and
they would struggle to escape quickly if disturbed but that could be
another possibility. There's a small pump running in the pond also but
its that small that fish couldn't get caught in it anyway.

just seems to be a mystery as to where it has gone but my theory would
be birds

Any ideas anyone?

If there is any hiding places in the pond it's most possibly hiding, they're
very good at it.

Mark