Old 28-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Justin Burnett

Default Is this a weed?

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Colin Davidson
writes

"Justin Burnett" wrote in message
I scattered some seeds an aunt gave me last year but unfortunately I

wasn't
interested in gardening at the time. I didn't keep the packet and have

no
idea what they were.

The plants are have broad leaves with a darker, heart shaped mark in

the
center of each leaf. The stems below the first leaf are red. There must

be
800+ of these and since I'm a novice and the soil had absoluetly no
preparation I'm inclined to think they must be weeds! If they are

something
worth keeping I'd love to know what they are.

Any help greatly appreciated.

How big are the plants? Any chance you could put a picture online

somewhere?

Possibly a polygonum - try a google search for pictures

--
Kay Easton

Thanks for the help so far. I've put a picture up on webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/script...howMyPhoto&alb
umID=74723183&photoID=74723273&security=NBlNPl The plant in the shot is
currently around 5 - 6" high

Jus