Old 28-05-2003, 09:22 AM
andyp

Default Goldfish disappeared from pond....

I have seen crows take both frogs and fish from our pond. We have had a
heron in the garden although it was put off by the wire mesh. Cats can't get
to our pond as the water level is is about 6-8 " below ground level and
there legs/paws are not long enough.

AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above
"Paul" wrote in message
The wife bought a small goldfish at the weekend and put it into our
pond, well, to say pond its more like a large water feature really which
we have to attract wildlife.

I know we have newts in the garden and we have plenty of birds too, is
it likely that blackbirds or newts would eat a small goldfish. Cats
very rarely venture into our garden as its a rather enclosed garden and
they would struggle to escape quickly if disturbed but that could be
another possibility. There's a small pump running in the pond also but
its that small that fish couldn't get caught in it anyway.

just seems to be a mystery as to where it has gone but my theory would
be birds

Any ideas anyone?