Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

On Wed, 28 May 2003 08:40:04 -0400, DigitalVinyl wrote:

Thanks, flipping through them now but no match so far.
Dame's violet came closest. The description says it has pointed leaves
but the photo looks round. THese are simple round with the larger
leaves above the tiny lateral leaves. Probably some local thing. I've
got one growing near a stone border with nothing near. I'll let it
live a little while just to see what it becomes.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

The first spring in this garden I allowed everything to come up and flower. I
pulled what was noxious before it went to seed. I had everything from noxious
mustard to native horsemint, horseherb, anemone, zephranthes, lantana, blue eyed
grass, gaura, maxmillion sunflower, and so many more plants to name.

As a result, I have many native wildflowers and they come up in a different
place every year! I love that surprise.

Victoria