Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

Default How Long Do Baby Birds Nest?

Just wait for them to leave. There is no way to accurately tell you how long
without knowing what they are. Be mindful that, when they fledged they may
still return to the nest for safety will they have their "sea legs." It can be
anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks for most birds. Can't you just wait a while and go
back and finish the work when they are totally gone?

If it were me, I couldn't bear to disturb a nest.

Victoria

On Tue, 27 May 2003 22:12:04 GMT, "Berob" wrote:

Not exactly a gardening question, but I'm hoping some of you know the
answer. I've got some baby birds in a nest up in the soffit of a utility
room that I'm renovating and insulating. I need them to be gone to finish
but don't want to disturb them. Any idea how long the babies will remain in
the nest being nurtured by the mother before they leave? Thank you for any
input.