Old 28-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

On Wed, 28 May 2003 09:08:06 -0400, Minteeleaf
wrote:

Pat Meadows wrote:

Unfortunately, we haven't room for corn - I've never grown
corn, so I don't know how I would grow it.

Pat

Pat, I've grown corn by direct ground seeding, in squares
or rectangles to help it pollinate, at a location where it
won't shade the other plants. My parents, who live near you,
have had great sweet corn for many years. It is a heavy feeder.
They liked the Golden Cross Bantam & Silver Queen varieties.

I wish we had room for it. But there's just no way.

Fortunately, we can buy good local corn in season.

Pat