Old 28-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Blooming while lily after a recent rain - zephyranthes?

On Wed, 28 May 2003 12:49:32 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Try not to dig them out of their native
habitat. If you are caught, it is a hefty fine and you are going against
nature.

That's pretty strong language, there, Victoria. There are no laws
against "retrieving" plants from the wild. Now if I start into my
neighbors flower beds, they could sue me for damages, I suspect.

To say that collecting living plant materials from the wild is "going
against nature" makes it sound as if it is a matter of religion.

I have created several wetlands in the Houston area by wandering
through drainage ditches and digging up plants to install in the new
wetland. Some of these were larger than an acre so I spent lots of
time in drainage ditches. I once even called the Harris County Flood
Control District to inquire if they were concerned with my doing this
and they actually encouraged it.

The rules I follow is never disturb more that 5% of the surface area
or collect more than 10% of a population of one species in one area.

Just use your logic on this one.

Rusty Mase