Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Bruce Yates

Default trapped skunk

I was told by an animal control officer once to throw a blanket over
the trap so the skunk could not see you. It could then be safely moved
and let loose. Never had the opportunity to try it thank goodness. I
don't like those types of experiments.

Bruce

On Mon, 26 May 2003 12:10:48 +0000 (UTC), (Hillary
Israeli) wrote:

OK, well, I had some havahart traps in the yard to catch and relocate some
chipmunks, but I've ended up with a skunk in one. Any thoughts on how to
safely relocate a skunk without getting, well, skunked? I'm imagining
perhaps some kind of heavy tarp thrown onto the trap, wrap the sucker up,
put it into a giant rubbermaid container, then put it in the car and drive
it somewhere, then somehow try to release it without getting sprayed....

It's memorial day of course so I can't reach our local wildlife rehab
people or anyone else really. The cops were not helpful at all

Thanks for any tips!

-h.