Old 29-05-2003, 05:21 AM
J. Del Col

Default containing aphids and beetles without pesticides

wrote in message news:e7dd14acda071b1b7d10cd11a9e209a9@TeraNews.. .
can anyone suggest how to contain aphids and beetles without resorting
to using pesticides.

i don't want to massacre the bugs just move them on.

can you suggest companion plants that will attract natural predators
or that the bugs would prefer to my roses.

Aphids can be controlled with a stiff spray of water. I don't share
your
qualms about destroying them. Aphids are mainly parthenogenic;
i.e.they are born pregnant(actually two generations pregnant) and
multiply at an incredible rate.

I don't use pesticides, but I don't hestitate to squash aphids,
Japanese beetles or other pests. Trying to deter them non-violently is
largely a waste of time, and if left alone, they -will- damage or
destroy your roses.

J. Del Col