Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Peter H

Default Using rain barrels to water the lawn?

wrote in message
Is this practical? I have about 1 1/2 acres of lawn, but I only
expect to be able to keep the front and sides watered during dry
weather.

Are rain barrels even an option, or is it like spitting in the ocean?

If they are an option, what's the best way to use them? Seeper hoses?

Sounds like an awful lot of work and you may be right about spitting in the
ocean. I'm in the GTA and was in the lawn care business for over 10 years. I
haven't watered my lawn now for years. It browns off in the heat of the
summer, but as long as the bugs are under control always comes back nicely
in September. If your weather there is similar you may consider dispensing
w/ the idea entirely.

Peter H