Old 09-11-2002, 04:07 PM
mhagen

Default Truffles and James Beard and Psilocybe mushrooms: Oh my!

Joe Zorzin wrote:
"Daniel B. Wheeler" wrote in message
om...

"Joe Zorzin" wrote in message

POSTED IN alt.forestry

[snip]

It should be part of forestry education- all forestry students should

have

to eat psilocybin, while listening to classic idiot right wing forestry
professors rant against preservationists. Better yet, forestry students
should secretly stuff some into the professor's sandwiches while out on

field trip. Then watch the fun as everyone starts talking to the trees.

So...you talking from first-hand experience, Joe? G

Oh, back in my youth. G Actually, I never talked to trees, like a certain
other internet active forestry consultant from my part of the Bush Empire.
G But, I do recall seeing trees waving around as if a strong wind was
blowing, on a windless day- like they were dancing. And, one day, during the
peak of the fall foliage leaf drop- I sat in the forest and watched
gazillions of multi colored leaves dropping all around me while making
strange musical like noises. That's when I decided I didn't want to be an
accountant. G

yep, been there. it's what makes this biz worthwhile. I recall a
transcendant experience while traversing a steep rock face in a late
fall windstorm - rather like today. Ravens were flying up the chutes in
an updraft, spinning, upside down, cackling and having a great time.
They knew I was there ten feet to the side sitting on a boulder and
laughing back at them. The kept coming back like kids on a carnival
ride. We wasted a lot of the government's time that day.

Cross posting to alt.nature.mushrooms eh - who know's who you'll let
into the woodworks.