Old 09-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Scott Murphy

Default Truffles and James Beard and Psilocybe mushrooms: Oh my!

"Joe Zorzin" wrote in message ...
"Scott Murphy" wrote in message
om...
"Joe Zorzin" wrote in message

POSTED IN alt.forestry

It should be part of forestry education- all forestry students should

have
to eat psilocybin, while listening to classic idiot right wing forestry
professors rant against preservationists. Better yet, forestry students
should secretly stuff some into the professor's sandwiches while out on

field trip. Then watch the fun as everyone starts talking to the trees.

You're funny Joe. G When will you finally admit it?

OK, OK, I'm guilty of that. G

It's simply
Newton and his laws of motion... for every action, there is an equal
and opposite reaction. If you don't cut here, you've got to cut
there.

But, much of the cutting HERE is so poorly done, that long term productivity
is a fraction of what it could be- thus, your Newtonian example is
irrelevant. If BETTER forestry were practiced all over America, productivity
would soar. It's not an either-or situation, which is a perspective for
simpletons who can only see in black and white, like the forestry
establishment.

Agreed. Better forestry would definitely improve the situation, but I
don't think it would fix everything. Newtonianism is not irrelevant
g... some practices are just not mutually inclusive; you can't
always have your cake and eat it too, but I know you like cake Joe
g. Your friends at Harvard are probably being extremely naive and
have likely already calculated improved forestry and improved
productivity into the equation, thinking that since they wrote about
it twenty years ago, then everyone must be practising it. G

They are just offering up a little slice of Caveat Emptor... let the
buyer beware.

Nothing wrong with being a little suspicious... based on what I've
seen in your postings, I would suspect that you also subscribe to the
precautionary principle. Precaution doesn't have to be a left-wing,
right-wing thing... it works both ways.

Scott