Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Annabel

Default Dragonflies - slightly OT?

"Pickle" wrote in message
m...
Not strictly gardening, but garden related.
Our pond has so far produced 16 newly hatched emperor dragonflies in
the last 2 days and there are still more to come. Last year we just
had a couple as it was the pond's first full year.
Might sound daft but it's so exciting, can't wait to see how many
there are altogether.
Just wanted to tell someone
Pickle

Every year I have them fly into my conservatory, they seem to have a
look around then fly straight back out of the door which is more than
butterflies or most birds can do, although in the winter I saw a wren in
the conservatory which went the rounds of the bottoms of my
overwintering, not particularly hardy, shrubs, it too went straight out
of the door.

Bel