Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Planning permission - Lean-to Greenhouse/shed

The message
from "Chris Stewart" contains these words:

Hi,
We have a six foot high wooden fence at the end of our garden in not so
sunny Aberdeen. I want to replace the fence with a breeze block wall. Two
questions:-
a) what height of wall can you build without needing planning permission?
b) can I build a lean-to greenhouse/shed without planning permission?

Why not just phone the local planning/building control office and ask
their advice? That's what we've always done, and found them very
helpful; it's free up to date and accurate.

Areas aften have different restrictions on garden structures; it's
quite possible to not require PP or to conform to BC, but be limited by
title deeds or feu superiors.

Janet.