Old 29-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Jonathan Phua

Default Paph vietnamense parent

Hi,
The taiwanese sell them in flasks too. And they come with documents!

jonathan
"K Barrett" wrote in message
newsddBa.155220$rt6.45541@sccrnsc02...
Well, there are at least 1 well know orchid importers who had vietnamense
hybrids for sale on their public lists at the 2002 Paph Guild last year.

AFAIK they are illegal (fruit of the poisonous tree and all that). But I
suppose it depends on whether the USFWS wants to pursue them.

But well regarded Florida Paph grower had them already.

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...
On a biz trip today I went Orchid shopping. Since I was close I dropped

by
A World of Orchids in Orlando. They had seedlings of Paph vietnamense x
emersonii for sale for $25.

I know there are a very few vietnamense plants in legal cultivation but

didn't think crosses with this parent were legal yet? What's the rule

here?

BTW....AWoO is just as much of a tourist trap as I remembered.

Good Growing,
Gene