Old 29-05-2003, 09:32 AM
BAC

Default Planning permission - Lean-to Greenhouse/shed

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message
Hi,
We have a six foot high wooden fence at the end of our garden in not

so
sunny Aberdeen. I want to replace the fence with a breeze block wall.

Two
questions:-
a) what height of wall can you build without needing planning

permission?

Don't know, but:-

b) can I build a lean-to greenhouse/shed without planning permission?

Yes

Quite right, absence of planning consent doesn't actually prevent one from
doing anything. It's the risk of enforcement action likely to be taken if
you 'transgress' which does that.

If worried that what one has in mind might require consent, the simplest
answer, as has already been suggested, is to have an informal chat with a
duty officer at your local planning authority.

A person might also check the title documents to see whether anything
enforceable runs with the land to limit the right to erect outbuildings.