Old 29-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Malcolm

Default Planning permission - Lean-to Greenhouse/shed

In article , Chris
Stewart writes

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message
Hi,
We have a six foot high wooden fence at the end of our garden in not

so
sunny Aberdeen. I want to replace the fence with a breeze block wall.

Two
questions:-
a) what height of wall can you build without needing planning

permission?
b) can I build a lean-to greenhouse/shed without planning permission?

uk.legal would be a good place to ask this.

What a sensible chap - I'll do just that.

Why bother with another newsgroup which, whatever its collective wisdom
in legal matters, is highly unlikely to be able to give you the
authoritative *local* information regarding walls and sheds in Aberdeen
that you can get from visiting or phoning your local authority planning
department?

It is they, and they alone, who can tell you exactly what you want to
know. Not only that, but you should receive an immediate answer
precisely focussed on your particular local enquiry, without having to
wait for, and then sift, the responses on the newsgroup.

--
Malcolm