Old 29-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Tim Tyler

Default Automatic watering systems.

Coffea ramosa wrote:

: If you have a pump, best to use a mains timer - not a water computer.
: Search for "mains timer" on ebay.
:
: If you use a rainwater barrel, better use a filter - or drippers with big
: holes in - or they'll get all gunked up.

: Yep I'm worried too that the barrel wont create enough pressure. I'm using
: gravity to lead the water from the barrel down to the "drip system" .. but I
: need some kinda device to limit the flow of water to a finetuned amount of
: water per hour.

I reckon:

Regularly turning existing flow off - water computer.
Regularly turning pumps on - mains timer.

: What do you mean by a filter?

E.g.: http://www.rainharvesting.co.uk/products.asp
--