Old 29-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Elphant Garlic

On Thu, 29 May 2003 09:09:50 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Bill wrote:

Ok, but how do I use the flower stalks, just chop them up for salad?

Depends on how strong you like things... use raw, stir-fry, fling in the
food processor with olive oil and nuts to taste an call it pesto. I've
still got a bunch made from regular hardneck garlic scapes, frozen in cubes
and bagged, in the freezer. And it's almost scape time in Upstate New
York! Gotta foist some more off on vegetarian daughter, and my guests are
going to get a lot of pesto chicken.

How do you make the pesto chicken, Gary? I adore pesto and
my basil is growing quickly now.

Pat