Old 15-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Joe Zorzin

Default Can anyone help me???

Find a good forestry consultant, preferably a member of the Forest Steward's
Guild. Check their database of members at http://foreststewardsguild.org

--
Joe Zorzin
"Amy" wrote in message
Hi,
I own 30 acres of timber land in northern Wisconsin.
I bought it two years ago in hopes of profiting from the cedar, about 80
cord. I haven't tried to sell and I haven't done much research yet.

Except
to know that of course I have to get help from the DNR to make sure the
forest is replanted afterwards.
I have birch, ash and oak also, just not sure what to do.
Is winter the best time to look for a buyer, where do I look, how do I

know
I'm getting a good deal. What can I possibly expect for profits on cedar,
what is white cedar going per cord today?
Lots of questions but I can't find anyone to answer them, at least
truthfully.
I also have a potential buyer of the land, so I may lose a profit if I

sell
it with-out selling the timber. I'd like to make good on my investment.

If no one here can help could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much.