Old 29-05-2003, 04:44 PM
GrampysGurl

Default Question....

Is it possible that your fish are having babies, but that they are being
eaten b/4 they grow to any size. Gold fish will eat their young while they
are small.
Paul

"Wayne" wrote in message
.com...
Nedra, the strange thing is.... I've not had any goldfish babies since my
pond inception, 2 years ago. My wife and I think that maybe we've got all
males, females, or the other kind. I have 4 lilies, 5 pickerel rush, 2
others that I don't know their names, 2 of the pennyworts, several water
lettuce, several water hyacinths, and they're all doing great. The pond

has
plenty of cover. Why no babies?

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi Wayne, I'd say you've got a good chance your goldfish
will grow to 9 inches or so. This is if you keep the babies
thinned out.

Nedra

"Wayne" wrote in message
. com...
I have 10 goldfish in a 220 gallon pre-formed pond that is two years

old.
How big can I expect my goldfish to get if I don't add any more and

try
keep the re-population down. Thanks!

That's what happens here, I have had a few along the way make it but usually
they are sushi.
Colleen