Old 29-05-2003, 04:56 PM

Default "Phopenia" shrub?

Thanks David, that appears to be a match - right down to the
characteristic leaf spot ;-)

The bad news is that it prefers zones 7-9. It might have a hard time
this winter, but I'll enjoy it this summer anyway.

"David J. Bockman" wrote in message ...
Probably Photinia fraseri, aka 'Red Tipped Photinia'. It grows very well
here in Zone 7, I'm not certain about colder climates.

Dave

wrote in message
om...
I got a shrub from a homeowner in Oklahoma. She thought it was called
"Phopenia" but I haven't been able to find anything about it on the
web.

It has it has a woody stem and waxy medium sized leaves that are
oval-shaped. It is evergreen but the leaves turn deep red in the
spring (very striking).

I transplanted the plant in Kansas, and I was curious about
cold-hardiness, etc.