Old 29-05-2003, 05:56 PM
B.Server

Default basil problems

On Thu, 29 May 2003 01:55:43 GMT, "Simon Stenkle"
wrote:

somethings is eating my basil. i transplated it about a week ago and
something has gobbled up several entire plants. there are rather large
holes in the soil nearby, they look like ant holes only slightly larger.
any ideas of what i'm up against?

Take a flashlight out after dark and look for a dark, ~1in long
caterpillar that will have emerged from holes about the diameter of a
wooden pencil and will be chewing away. Kill them.

....and if you neighbors wonder why you are wandering around in the
dark laughing, tell them that it is a "Homeland Security" matter and
they are not cleared to know...

Just a thought. We have a lot of cutworm and other night feeding
caterpillars around here (Central Texas) and you may too. If you
water in the evening, you would see the tracks of rabbits.