Old 29-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Red

Default Armadillo problems

I can't shoot them here within the city limits plus I have only seen the
beast a couple times and when I went out the took off with considerable
speed. Most of the damage occurs late at night or wee hours of the morning.
Thanks anyway.

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
Shoot, the ones around here you can creep up to within a foot or two...just
drop the trap right over it! And if you scare it bad enough, it will jump UP
into the trap which might actually be helpful.

John
"Red" wrote in message
y.com...
I noticed the other day someone mentioned trapping Armadillo. I would like
to do that and relocate them to some other area. I have a couple Havahart
traps but can't seem to get them to cooperate. Any ideas on what to use for
bait. I have tried rotten fruit, old pieces of meat, and cat food as
suggested on the Havahart web site. Also used a couple of boards to create
a "funnel" effect. A couple weeks ago I put out some beneficial nematodes to
take care of the grubs. All with no success. I can live with them in the
grass but they are totally destroying the beds especially the newly
established ones.