Old 29-05-2003, 08:56 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default disposing of grass cuttings

Most councils now have 'green waste' facilities which produce compost from
garden prunings, grass etc.
You would find a container at your local tip.
Our council has just given us brown wheelie bins and collects every two
weeks.
However one cut = one full bin at the moment.

"DDEckerslyke" wrote in message
Armed with my RCD and my bottom of the range lawnmower I have just hacked
my way through the back garden and collected a couple of bin bags full of
grass cuttings. We can't really organise composting just yet and it seems
absurd to put them in the bin so based on the five minutes where I was
paying attention in O-Level Biology (biodegradable aka BDG) I was thinking
of spreading them in the woods out the back. Is this environmentally

sound?
If not then, given that we can't compost them, what is the best thing we

can
reasonably do with them?

cheers

dd

Once again thanks for the help with the RCD