Old 30-05-2003, 12:44 AM
ned

Default Daisy infested grass

John wrote:
Ok,
You all win. I'll keep the daisies. It wasn't actually my idea

anyway
to get rid of them but my sister's who keeps saying "You have a
lovely big garden, but you will have to do something about all these
daisies" so now i know that what she really means is she jealous and
i was prepared to listen to her because i know nothing about

gardens.
Thank God i found this Newsgroup.

Thanks,

John

Hey, don't give in so easily!
It's your lawn. If you want it daisy free, then you have it daisy
free.
One problem with daisys is that they can crowd out the grass - as you
have found, so that you end up with a total daisy 'sward'. Then when
you attempt to reduce the daisy density you end up with bare patches
all over the place.
The odd one or two may be pretty, pretty. But en masse they are as
much a menace as any other weed.
Don't you listen to all those 'fashionable' gardeners ;-) They are
only trying to justify not weeding, lazy lot!!!

--
ned - who spent this afternoon thinning out the daisys and buttercups
on his own lawn. ;-)