Old 30-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Barry Watts

Default Garden Shredder

With many shrubs to prune around this time I am considering buying a garden
shredder. Does anyone own one they can recommend, or NOT recommend? Any
hints or tips? (I note a previous posting advising not to attempt shredding
Phormium - thanks for the tip!). Budget is around £150-£200. I am
particularly suspicious of the 30-35-40mm figures they give for acceptable
thickness. I mean a thick softwood cutting from my Forsythia is a different
ballgame from a thick pruning from my Ceanothus. Chalk and (soft) cheese,
I'd say. Would be interested in any views. UK-based, by the way.
Baz