Old 30-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Vox Humana

Default advice for 2 garden projects

"Sandie Hudson" wrote in message
There are two projects that I am considering adding to my
garden.
1. steps down the front bank using square concrete pavers
and natural stones
2. small round pond with water plants and stone edging

Does anyone have any advice on how to do either one easily
and cheaply? Also is there such a thing as a battery
operated pump for the pond? Or a pond without a pump that
doesn't attract mosquitoes?

There are a number of project books on the shelves at places like Home Depot
that show how to build steps and other landscape structures as well as books
on making water features. I doubt that you would find an off the shelf
battery operated pump. You can add "dunks" to your pond that contain BT.
They will control the mosquitoes as would some fish.