Old 30-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Floating liner?!?!?!?!

I am SOOOO depressed.... please tell me something good that will give me
some hope. As you know I started digging a turtle pond about 2 weeks ago.
Haven't had much chance to finish it since it's been raining every day, so
today I took a vacation day and planned on getting it all done. I was so
excited to have a whole day ahead of me to work on it, I decided to remove
half the rock border and pull half the liner back to make the deep section
just a little deeper so I wouldn't have any fears about overwintering.
After undoing all the rockwork and pulling back the lining, I found water in
the deep parts. No point in digging more, it just kept filling up with
water. OK, so I decide it was fine the way it was. I put the liner back,
then go about building a rock border, again. I go to the pond store and buy
a pump, I come back and start playing with that, and I think I notice the
liner is puffing up even more, but just ignore it, figuring a couple of days
without rain and I'll be all set. I decided to go work on my big pond for
a while and ended up putzing there for 2-3 hours. When I went back to the
turtle pond, the liner is poofing up all over the place!!! Now this can't
ALL be water, there has got to be air doing this, but why???? I'm hoping
like heck that when I go look at it tomorrow it will be lying flat, but I
just had this horrible thought..... might there be a pinhole leak in my
liner and my top water is running under? Although I don't really think I'm
losing any off the top. Any explanations, please????? (And yes, I'm
tempted to go prick a pinhole in it and let the air out, but I'm resisting
the urge so that I don't get accused of being blonde!)
Sue