Old 30-05-2003, 03:20 AM
zookeeper

Default drinking straw filter?

Thomas Ball wrote:
I think it is a great idea!

Light!(Will not hold water)
Easy to inspect! (Shine a light to look for blockage)
Easy to clean! (A little moderate pond water pressure from a hose would push
any crud through to the bottom)
All crud will fall directly to the bottom! (bottom drain in filter?)

Might have to gasket between the straws and the container to prevent short
circuit.

Tom, what do you mean by "gasket between the straws and the container?"

One summer we used plastic forks as our filter media. It worked well,
but they turned out to be heavier than I had expected. Will be
interested in any feedback on using straws if anyone tries it.
--
zookeeper