Old 30-05-2003, 03:32 AM
SugarChile

Default Viburnu x burkwoodii question

I'm not Dirr, But wanted to chime in with my experience. I've got one of
these, and it's my favorite of the several vibirnums I've got. I've got it
as part of an informal, mixed hedge, and it fills out the space very nicely.
The leaves catch the light in a pleasant way that make it look good from a
distance. The flowers are wonderfully fragrant. I keep mine at 8 ft. with
some light pruning after it blooms. It has no pest or disease problems that
I can discern, and is all in all a satisfying shrub to have around.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Vox Humana" wrote in message very good screening
properties at the bottom.

I don't know if I should go ahead and substitute the Burkwood for the
Shasta? My searches have given a wide range of mature sizes for this
shrub - from 4 to 8 feet high and as wide. Is there a better choice? I
would like something that is at least semi-evergreen in zone 6 because the
view across the ravine in the winter isn't too good.