Old 30-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Mark Pruett

Default What's chowing down on my hop plants?

"mattoleriver" mattoleriver@(delete this)yahoo.com wrote in message ...
This site has pictures of some pests and diseases. Maybe there will be
something that you recognize.
http://www.usahops.org/english/pestdis.asp
George

I looked up the Flea beetles that were mentioned earlier, and the bugs
I saw sure look like those. Maybe it's a combination of those and
wild rabbits that are doing the damage. I kept them off the original
shoots by liberally sprinkling cayenne pepper around and on them, but
quit once they were decent sized. Maybe I need to keep it up for a
while longer?

Here's a picture of what the damage looked like:

http://photoshop.superdownloads.net/...s/IMG_1021.jpg

That leaf in the center is all chewed up by whatever this is.

(any white powder you see is the pyrethrin dust, not any fungus!)

So far, for the past few days, the pyrethrin dust seems to be working
pretty well- I think I'll stick with it for the time being until