Old 26-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default Report says Klamath panel erred

In article ,
writes:

As one of the stakeholders, co-owner of a wildlife preserve,
co-steward of several endangered species, I have personally toured the
area and informed myself on the issues. Among other things I found out
that Billionaire Simplot with 24,000 acres watered with federal water
is one of the "family farmers". That explains the mystery of the high
level of financing that the various "dogs in the fight" have to make
noise with.

By the way, if you look, you won't find Simplot on a deed in the area:
he gave the land to the Nature Conservancy with reservation that he
gets to run cows on it for basically the rest of his life, so Nature
Conservancy is the source of the cow pollution getting in the water
upstream.

Yeah, I know the radical enviros hate the Nature Conservancy with a blind
passion. Not only do they pasture cows on their land, but they log their
forests too. It drives the extremists nuts to see actual management for
habitat rather than preservationist neglect.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc