Old 26-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Donald L Ferrt

Default Logging for water - The New Republican agenda!

Larry Caldwell wrote in message t...
In article ,
writes:

Logging for water! well it worked in northern china! yes 10000 peope killed
by floods after the AMERICAN paper industry logged northern China! Dont
believe it? What do you think people are dropping airplanes on you for!
Forests shield the ground from the sun and keep it cool, rain does not fall
over hot ground, the logging has caused the droughts.
Its about time Americans destroyed thier parasitic paper industry and learnt
to grow thier own trees!

I heard on the radio that Borneo is going to be completely deforested in
this decade. Wave goodbye to the orangutan. You keep trying to convince
the environmentalists that they are destroying the planet by opposing
productive management of USFS lands, but it's like talking to a stump.
They don't care.

It would happen no matter how we managed our forests! With a
dictatorship in hand, the Government and companies can do what they
will with forests there!