Old 30-05-2003, 04:09 PM
animaux

Default How Long Do Baby Birds Nest?

On Thu, 29 May 2003 22:22:18 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

I saw the Dalai Llama a few years ago when he visited Samye Ling ,a
Tibetan monastery in Scotland (and he was supposed to come to our
next-door island Holy Isle this Saturday for the opening of the new
centre Samye Ling has built there; only he's not). His extraordinary
presence alone is worth going for; but his speech was a disappointment
because he spoke almost inaudibly through an interpreter who had a flat
expressionless voice and the only microphone.

Janet.
Isle of Arran

For some reason, I fully understand him. He does speak with a rather heavy
Tibetan tongue, and his interpreter is flat because the subject matter is rather
intense, with virtually no room for inflection.

I have a DVD set they made regarding the Four Noble Truths. I wish H.H. spoke
English all the way through, but he couldn't translate all the words into
English. There are many words which don't directly translate, so his
interpreter is absolutely brilliant how he finds ways to mirror the sentiment in
the speech.

I still may go, but we have to see what is happening then. I live a day at a
time.